- The restaurant Miya's Sushi has the goal to return to the roots of sushi and simply be using what is available where we live
- Often found is an Invasive Species (an unwanted plant or animal that the humans had introduced to that ecosystem
- Invasive species have proved to be a pest in areas where they don't belong as they can lead to negative effects such as economic damage or end harming the area
- A method that is used to help prevent the spread of those invasive species in the areas specifically the oceans has lead humans to figure out the situation by simply: Eating them
- Although these areas may be invaded by those types of organisms, it does not mean that the species itself cannot be a benefit to humans as food for them
- Humans can make the most out of the situation they are in by consuming them which would lead to more humans fed and would reduce the amount of them in that area
- This solution may be a legit answer to this problem as it is very effective against these so called Pests
- Such as the species: Japanese Knotweed, grows in clusters and crowds out other herbaceous species and is named one of the world's 100 worst invasive species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and is currently in 39 states
- Although it may be a pest people favor it to a have a very crunchy, juicy and tart taste which people consume as they like the taste of it
- Lionfish are another major threat as they are highly poisonous and as a invasive predator are compared to locust on how destructive they can be
- Although they may be highly poisonous, once the spines have been removed, they have very sweet delicious flesh. This animal proves to be considered a major threat to the environment as it was introduced to the U.S. by people in the aquarium trade
- The Feral Hog was introduced by European explorers inthe 1500s but have recently increased in population making negative effects to the environment. It has hurt the area as it consumes some native and endangered species causing competition to the others.
- Many of these invasive species are leaving a bad effect onto the area and by removing it will help benefit the area also if it is consumable for humans
Many areas around the world have had to dealt with invasive species that hurt different areas around. The areas have found not many solutions in getting rid of these invasive species until now where the solution is to simply eat them. This will help fight the cause as the invasive species can cause economic damage or up harming the area that they've invaded. Humans would be directly helping out the environment as it proves to be very effective and at the same time would help feed millions of people which has two upsides to this cause. Many of the species are considered to the world's top 100 worst invasive species and would help the endangered species as it will leave less threats in their area which is a positive. Having an invasive species would alter the whole ecosystem as the area isn't naturally prepared for them and would just cause too many negative outcomes for the area to handle. Animals such as the lionfish and the Oinkimo have hurt the area and have now become considered a popular food source as they are surprisingly delicious to eat.
In my opinion this is probably the best solution as it leaves two positive effects: Getting rid of the invasive species from the area and it will also feed millions of people. This is a benefit as we will be directly helping out different areas of the world from species that can defend themselves from invasive species that would end up just hurting their natural environment leaving it to destruction. These animals are proving to be real threats to the areas that they aren't from there and how they are able to take advantage of the area that they now live in. This solution however is very beneficial to us as most of these invasive species have turned out to become great in taste as many humans like it. With this method, we will be helping the ecosystem's future and their species living there already to survive from animals such as the Lionfish. Helping the environment in a different way will be great as humans will be helping out in the end which we need at this point as we don't the issue to get worse than it already has been. This is a great step into helping out these types of areas that are in urgent need for help from these types of organisms and we can help prevent further problems even by eating them!